nContract, project-based virtual assistant
Applications accepted through January 17, 2021
My business is multi-faceted, including editorial and consulting services, a growing author community, as well as individual courses/workshops, and I’m looking for a versatile, flexible and motivated virtual assistant who can jump in to assist with projects and business tasks on an as needed basis.
This is a paid position.
U.S. applicants only.
To start, pay will be invoiced by VA on a per project basis and VA will be an independent contractor. VA will be given deadlines and will independently manage how/when they carry out the projects to complete.
VA is responsible for maintaining their own work environment, laptop, and internet access needed to complete the paid projects.
With business growth, this position could eventually become a part-time employment position.
The ideal virtual assistant would be proficient with technology and comfortable adapting quickly to new systems and interested in working in a growing business. Ability to communicate professionally and clearly with a variety of personality types is a must.
Familiarity with publishing or the business of publishing is not required.
Projects may include:
- Weekly recap newsletter for the From Written to Recommended author community.
- Updating transcripts/captions on monthly Q&As and Zoom meetings.
- Updating author community Google calendars.
- Social media basic graphic creation.
- Membership community record keeping & updating.
- Acting as host for one-hour Zoom community breakout sessions (moderating only, not participating)
- Opportunity for additional projects.
- Canva proficiency & ability to design simple social media graphics
- Ability to set and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication
- Self-motivated and gets sh!t done
- Comfort with technology and an ability (and willingness) to jump into learning new platforms such as: ConvertKit, Zapier, Airtable, SmarterQueue, Searchie and Mighty Network.
- Critical thinking
Bonus skills, mention if you have these!
- Video or audio editing experience
- Pre-existing knowledge of the technology/systems listed above
- Strategic thinking: ability to think strategically about business and growth
As the position begins, there can be opportunity for up to $500/month, though on average it will probably sit around $200-$250/month to start. As the business grows, opportunity for increased numbers of projects will become available.
To apply, please send an email to email@example.com with a letter of interest, outlining any relevant experience and how your skills match up with the position, as well as any additional skills you have.
Include why you’re interested in the position, information about your background, and any other relevant info you believe I need to know.
A CSV or resume is not necessary but you’re welcome to include it. However, the letter of interest is most important–and don’t worry about following any formal “cover letter” rules, I’m interested in hearing about you and what you will bring to the position, not the formal language of a cover letter!
I want to hear from all qualified applicants! Decisions will be made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
All applicants will receive a response and final applicants will be asked to participate in a 30 minute Zoom interview. Target start date is early February.
Email Angela: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your letter can be either in the body of the email or in an attachment.
Applications will be accepted through Monday 1/18/2021. Please do not send applications after this date.