Summer Cooking: Chicken Breast ideas #dinnertip
This past weekend I asked Twitter for some good summer ideas for using the chicken breast in my fridge. I ended up doing the Key West chicken and Cilantro Lime rice I blogged about here, but I got such good ideas, I wanted to share them for those of you searching for summer cooking ideas!
@heathterwpetty Grill and shred for salads/tacos? (Or bake and shred, if your oven doesn’t heat up your kitchen too much.)
@SpiceBites Poached and shredded to use in tacos & salads!
I love Asian too esp. for summer. Do a poached chkn brst & raw veggies salad w/fish sos, lime, ginger
@DebNemeth We do a lot of chicken Caesar salads in the summer too. And chicken fajitas are always good…
Greek-flavored chicken souvlakia: marinate breast strips in oregano & lemon, saute in olive oil, serve on fried pita(continued)
w/ tzatziki (cucumber/yogurt/garlic/dill) sauce, tomatoes & sauteed onion. Serve w/ tabbouleh
@rlarocque andoori – marinate in plain yogurt and spices overnight, then BBQ. Not too spicy, either.
@HeleneYoung Tandoori chicken breasts, slow roasted, served on a bed of couscous with a green salad 🙂 And a drizzle of natural yoghurt!
@Yvena I like hammering them flat, adding spices, cooking in a pan. Maybe with a cucumber salad?
@DeniseJTompkins Fajitas and use the leftover meat to make fajita quesadillas. Mmmmmm. 🙂
@Shelley_Watters Citrus chicken: zest and juice of 1 orange & 2 limes, melted butter, garlic, salt & pepper. Cover breasts with sauce and bake.
@TrishB chk breast recipe wrap chk w/bacon mix brown sugar, pineapple juice & lil mustard baste while grilling. My kids favorite
@CarolynRosewood Cooked and cut up into cubes for a salad with tomatoes, cukes, etc. Can use almost any dressing on it including oil & vinegar.
@SilverLily I love them with pesto and melted provolone on top
@LizabethSTucker I grill them with pieces of pineapple and orange juice. You can also add some fresh coconut to give it an island taste.
@nancyevertz fajitas. Lime, honey and cilantro marinade. Probably some oil in there. Messy on the grill. Grill the breasts and then slice.
@cpblackburn Lemon pepper both sides of the chicken and bake it. That has a definite summery vibe to it.
@HillaryJacques Cut in strips, marinate in balsamic vinaigrette, then grill. Perfect on salad or rice
@Chumplet Toasted club sandwiches or chicken Caesars.
@CristalRyder Next u in Toronto, grab bottle PC Memories of Tuscany from Loblaw stores, great on chicken. I have fab creamy mustrd chkn rcpe
@beth_caudill Grilled with barbeque sauce over them is real good.
Tori Scott wrote: “Marinate in Zesty Italian dressing and bake, broil, or grill. Serve with sliced avocados.”
Chiron O’Keefe wrote: “Marinate in taco seasoning, grill and make tostadas or tacos.”
Emily wrote: “Grill them and slice onto a salad with sliced strawberries, crumbled bacon, and goat cheese with raspberry vinaigrette dressing. Yum.”
All recipes at a glance:
- A Midwestern Holiday Drink: How to Make Tom & Jerry Batter
- Apricot-glazed Pork Loin
- Awesome slow cooker roast
- Black Orchid Martini: Get Your Drink On
- BLT Burritos: Dinner Made Easy
- Boilermaker Chili
- Boston pork butt/shoulder (How do you use one?)
- Brandy Slush
- Capellini Pomodoro
- Caramel Apples: Ever wondered what it means to be too stupid to live?
- Chicken and Dumplings: Dinner
- Chicken bog: Dinner
- Cooking the Books: @BookEndsJessica’s Pink Vodka Sauce
- Cooking the Books: Lemonade Pie from Editor Mallory Braus
- Cooking the Books: Perfect Fried Rice from Heather Osborn
- Cranberry lemon white chocolate chip oatmeal cookies
- Cream Cheese Squares
- Dangerous cake in a mug
- Dinner Made Easy: BLT Burritos
- Easy Christmas “Cookie”–Cracker Candy (w/gluten free option!)
- Fire roasted tomato soup
- Football food! Pizza pinwheels.
- For your holiday cooking: An awesome dinner roll recipe
- Gingerbread Chocolate Cookies
- Goat cheese with sundried tomatoes
- Ground Beef Curly Noodles: Kid Friendly
- Ham and potato soup
- Hamburger recipes?
- Hash Brown Quiche
- Holiday baking: Bubble bread sticky rolls
- Holiday baking: Chocolate Puddle Cookies
- Holiday baking: Chunky Chocolates
- Holiday Baking: Cinnamon Caramel Corn
- Homemade chai
- Homemade pizza sauce
- Homemade potato chips
- Homemade Turkey Soup
- Hot Buttered Rum
- Ice cream in a bag
- In search of some recipes
- Josh’s General Tso’s Chicken
- Knockoff Baked Beans
- Lemon Drop Martini
- Meatball recipe…
- Mexican casserole: Dinner
- Mexican Goulash (recipe)
- Orzo with Parmesan and Basil
- Parmesan Basil Chicken Salad
- Party food!
- Peanut Butter Bars: Summer Dessert
- Pizza Burgers
- Pizza Casserole
- Recipe for busy moms: Ground Beef Curly Noodle
- Recipe request!
- Recipe: A Little on the Side
- Recipe: Butter Chicken
- Recipe: Katie's Pulled Pork
- Red Bean & Barley Soup
- Roast Sticky chicken Rotisserie Style
- S’mores brownies
- Salad recipes from the brunch today!
- Salsa Chicken and Spanish Rice
- Sasha’s Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Sausage and Lentil Soup
- Seafood Lasagna
- Shrimp Scampi
- Slow cooker jambalaya
- Snappy Smothered Chicken
- Soup base
- Spicy Basil Chicken
- Spicy Sweet Potato Latkes
- Spinach and Strawberry Salad
- Spinach-Ham Roll-up
- Summer Cooking: Chicken Breast ideas #dinnertip
- Summer cooking: Deviled Eggs
- Summer Cooking: Grilled fish with cherry tomatoes & tapenade, Rice-Orzo side dish
- Summer cooking: Spicy Fish Tacos with Corn Salsa
- Summer dinner: Key West Chicken and Cilantro Lime Rice
- Sunday cooking: Gumbo
- Sunday Dinner: Crockpot “roast” chicken, gravy and my favorite homemade salad dressing
- SunnyD adult drink
- Sweet Potato Fluff
- Texas Salsa from Author Gail Dayton
- Thanksgiving menu
- Tuscan White Bean Soup Adjusted for Slow Cooker
- Weekly menu: 1/9/11-1/15/11
- White bean and ham soup
- White chicken chili