Do you ever have those times, when there are things on your mind that you really want to blog about, but you just don’t have the energy because it’s been sucked out of you by life? Yeah, that’s me today. I feel exhausted. I need more sleep than I’m getting. I did realize that I forgot to blog about Every Witch Way But Dead by Kim Harrison in my last book blog so I’ll have to do that sometime. But not today, I can’t think like that.
So instead of trying to be coherent about some of the things swirling around in my brain, I’m going to share a link to a few pictures of Brianna. They’re from June 1st but are some of my favorite pictures of her. No pics of me with her, but one with her Mima and one with her Daddy.
password is brianna
And second, I’m going to share a recipe. I made Scotcharoos last night. A yummy treat I used to love growing up. I haven’t had them in years but they were sooo easy to make and Josh likes them so I’ll be making them again. If you like chocolate and peanut butter, these are for you! I think they must be more popular in the Midwest, because no one here on the East Coast has ever heard of them.
1 Cup Light Corn Syrup
1 Cup White granulated Sugar
1 1/2 Cups Creamy Peanut Butter
6 cups Rice Cripie cereal (use generic, it’s cheaper LOL)
1 Cup Butterscotch Morsels
1 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
Butter a 9×13 pan (bottom and sides)
In a large pan, heat together First three ingredients until peanut butter is melted. Bring to boil – just until it starts bubbling, then remove it from heat immediately- and do NOT leave it alone for a minute because it WILL burn and burnt peanut butter is just nasty.
Mix in the rice crispies and stir together until well mixed and coated
Pour into 9×13 pan and with buttered hands pat down until flat
Melt together Butterscotch and Chocolate chips in bowl in microwave, stirring occassionally.
Spread on top of rice crispy mixture in pan.
Cool, cut, and serve. Yum!
Word of Warning: Don’t cool these in the fridge because they’ll get hard as rocks.
All recipes at a glance:
- A Midwestern Holiday Drink: How to Make Tom & Jerry Batter
- Apricot-glazed Pork Loin
- Awesome slow cooker roast
- Black Orchid Martini: Get Your Drink On
- BLT Burritos: Dinner Made Easy
- Boilermaker Chili
- Boston pork butt/shoulder (How do you use one?)
- Brandy Slush
- Capellini Pomodoro
- Caramel Apples: Ever wondered what it means to be too stupid to live?
- Chicken and Dumplings: Dinner
- Chicken bog: Dinner
- Cooking the Books: @BookEndsJessica’s Pink Vodka Sauce
- Cooking the Books: Lemonade Pie from Editor Mallory Braus
- Cooking the Books: Perfect Fried Rice from Heather Osborn
- Cranberry lemon white chocolate chip oatmeal cookies
- Cream Cheese Squares
- Dangerous cake in a mug
- Dinner Made Easy: BLT Burritos
- Easy Christmas “Cookie”–Cracker Candy (w/gluten free option!)
- Fire roasted tomato soup
- Football food! Pizza pinwheels.
- For your holiday cooking: An awesome dinner roll recipe
- Gingerbread Chocolate Cookies
- Goat cheese with sundried tomatoes
- Ground Beef Curly Noodles: Kid Friendly
- Ham and potato soup
- Hamburger recipes?
- Hash Brown Quiche
- Holiday baking: Bubble bread sticky rolls
- Holiday baking: Chocolate Puddle Cookies
- Holiday baking: Chunky Chocolates
- Holiday Baking: Cinnamon Caramel Corn
- Homemade chai
- Homemade pizza sauce
- Homemade potato chips
- Homemade Turkey Soup
- Hot Buttered Rum
- Ice cream in a bag
- In search of some recipes
- Josh’s General Tso’s Chicken
- Knockoff Baked Beans
- Lemon Drop Martini
- Meatball recipe…
- Mexican casserole: Dinner
- Mexican Goulash (recipe)
- Orzo with Parmesan and Basil
- Parmesan Basil Chicken Salad
- Party food!
- Peanut Butter Bars: Summer Dessert
- Pizza Burgers
- Pizza Casserole
- Recipe for busy moms: Ground Beef Curly Noodle
- Recipe request!
- Recipe: A Little on the Side
- Recipe: Butter Chicken
- Recipe: Katie's Pulled Pork
- Red Bean & Barley Soup
- Roast Sticky chicken Rotisserie Style
- S’mores brownies
- Salad recipes from the brunch today!
- Salsa Chicken and Spanish Rice
- Sasha’s Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Sausage and Lentil Soup
- Seafood Lasagna
- Shrimp Scampi
- Slow cooker jambalaya
- Snappy Smothered Chicken
- Soup base
- Spicy Basil Chicken
- Spicy Sweet Potato Latkes
- Spinach and Strawberry Salad
- Spinach-Ham Roll-up
- Summer Cooking: Chicken Breast ideas #dinnertip
- Summer cooking: Deviled Eggs
- Summer Cooking: Grilled fish with cherry tomatoes & tapenade, Rice-Orzo side dish
- Summer cooking: Spicy Fish Tacos with Corn Salsa
- Summer dinner: Key West Chicken and Cilantro Lime Rice
- Sunday cooking: Gumbo
- Sunday Dinner: Crockpot “roast” chicken, gravy and my favorite homemade salad dressing
- SunnyD adult drink
- Sweet Potato Fluff
- Texas Salsa from Author Gail Dayton
- Thanksgiving menu
- Tuscan White Bean Soup Adjusted for Slow Cooker
- Weekly menu: 1/9/11-1/15/11
- White bean and ham soup
- White chicken chili