I was supposed to post this recipe over a month ago, but as we can all tell, I haven’t been blogging much! I’ve made this s’mores brownie recipe twice now, and these brownies are amazing. I took them to the Toronto Harlequin office recently and they didn’t last more than a day. They sound really rich, and while they kind of are (I serve them in smaller than normal brownie pieces) they’re not any more rich than your average s’more or gooey brownie. And they’re just…so good There are a lot of s’mores brownie recipes out there. I took mine from Picky Palate (she has a lot of pictures of the process) but I changed it ever so slightly.
1 box of brownie mix, prepared according to directions on box. I use Duncan Hines dark brownie mix because I’m a fan of dark chocolate.
1 sleeve plain graham crackers (this is not the time to get fancy with the cinnamon ones). It will take about 5 whole crackers.
4 plain full-size chocolate bars or 2 of the baking size bars. Again, I use dark chocolate.
Bag of large marshmallows, You’ll need around 10 or so, and I cut mine in half to make the marshmallow layer more manageable.
1.A? Preheat oven to 350 degrees F while you’re preparing the brownie mix according to the box directions.
2. Line an 8A?8 inch baking pan with foil (the nonstick kind is good here). Line the entire pan and spray whole inside of pan, bottom and sides, with cooking spray.
3. Pour half the brownie batter into pan.
4. Layer graham crackers over brownie mix. Break them up only when you need to fill in small spaces.
5. Next layer chocolate on top of graham crackers.A? Break chocolate up only when you need to fill in small spaces.
6. Last, put cut marshmallows (really, you can use whole if you want) on top of chocolate.
7.A? Pour other half of brownie batter over marshmallows.
8. Bake for 40-45 minutes. Toothpick should be mostly clean (minus the gooey marshmallow) from center.
9. Remove from oven and cool completely.A? No really, completely. You’ll be sorry if you don’t.
10. Using edges of foil, lift foil and brownies from pan.
11. Peel foil from away from edges and cut brownies into small squares.