I was supposed to post this recipe over a month ago, but as we can all tell, I haven’t been blogging much! I’ve made this s’mores brownie recipe twice now, and these brownies are amazing. I took them to the Toronto Harlequin office recently and they didn’t last more than a day. They sound really rich, and while they kind of are (I serve them in smaller than normal brownie pieces) they’re not any more rich than your average s’more or gooey brownie. And they’re just…so good There are a lot of s’mores brownie recipes out there. I took mine from Picky Palate (she has a lot of pictures of the process) but I changed it ever so slightly.
1 box of brownie mix, prepared according to directions on box. I use Duncan Hines dark brownie mix because I’m a fan of dark chocolate.
1 sleeve plain graham crackers (this is not the time to get fancy with the cinnamon ones). It will take about 5 whole crackers.
4 plain full-size chocolate bars or 2 of the baking size bars. Again, I use dark chocolate.
Bag of large marshmallows, You’ll need around 10 or so, and I cut mine in half to make the marshmallow layer more manageable.
1.A? Preheat oven to 350 degrees F while you’re preparing the brownie mix according to the box directions.
2. Line an 8A?8 inch baking pan with foil (the nonstick kind is good here). Line the entire pan and spray whole inside of pan, bottom and sides, with cooking spray.
3. Pour half the brownie batter into pan.
4. Layer graham crackers over brownie mix. Break them up only when you need to fill in small spaces.
5. Next layer chocolate on top of graham crackers.A? Break chocolate up only when you need to fill in small spaces.
6. Last, put cut marshmallows (really, you can use whole if you want) on top of chocolate.
7.A? Pour other half of brownie batter over marshmallows.
8. Bake for 40-45 minutes. Toothpick should be mostly clean (minus the gooey marshmallow) from center.
9. Remove from oven and cool completely.A? No really, completely. You’ll be sorry if you don’t.
10. Using edges of foil, lift foil and brownies from pan.
11. Peel foil from away from edges and cut brownies into small squares.
All recipes at a glance:
- A Midwestern Holiday Drink: How to Make Tom & Jerry Batter
- Apricot-glazed Pork Loin
- Awesome slow cooker roast
- Black Orchid Martini: Get Your Drink On
- BLT Burritos: Dinner Made Easy
- Boilermaker Chili
- Boston pork butt/shoulder (How do you use one?)
- Brandy Slush
- Capellini Pomodoro
- Caramel Apples: Ever wondered what it means to be too stupid to live?
- Chicken and Dumplings: Dinner
- Chicken bog: Dinner
- Cooking the Books: @BookEndsJessica’s Pink Vodka Sauce
- Cooking the Books: Lemonade Pie from Editor Mallory Braus
- Cooking the Books: Perfect Fried Rice from Heather Osborn
- Cranberry lemon white chocolate chip oatmeal cookies
- Cream Cheese Squares
- Dangerous cake in a mug
- Dinner Made Easy: BLT Burritos
- Easy Christmas “Cookie”–Cracker Candy (w/gluten free option!)
- Fire roasted tomato soup
- Football food! Pizza pinwheels.
- For your holiday cooking: An awesome dinner roll recipe
- Gingerbread Chocolate Cookies
- Goat cheese with sundried tomatoes
- Ground Beef Curly Noodles: Kid Friendly
- Ham and potato soup
- Hamburger recipes?
- Hash Brown Quiche
- Holiday baking: Bubble bread sticky rolls
- Holiday baking: Chocolate Puddle Cookies
- Holiday baking: Chunky Chocolates
- Holiday Baking: Cinnamon Caramel Corn
- Homemade chai
- Homemade pizza sauce
- Homemade potato chips
- Homemade Turkey Soup
- Hot Buttered Rum
- Ice cream in a bag
- In search of some recipes
- Josh’s General Tso’s Chicken
- Knockoff Baked Beans
- Lemon Drop Martini
- Meatball recipe…
- Mexican casserole: Dinner
- Mexican Goulash (recipe)
- Orzo with Parmesan and Basil
- Parmesan Basil Chicken Salad
- Party food!
- Peanut Butter Bars: Summer Dessert
- Pizza Burgers
- Pizza Casserole
- Recipe for busy moms: Ground Beef Curly Noodle
- Recipe request!
- Recipe: A Little on the Side
- Recipe: Butter Chicken
- Recipe: Katie's Pulled Pork
- Red Bean & Barley Soup
- Roast Sticky chicken Rotisserie Style
- S’mores brownies
- Salad recipes from the brunch today!
- Salsa Chicken and Spanish Rice
- Sasha’s Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Sausage and Lentil Soup
- Seafood Lasagna
- Shrimp Scampi
- Slow cooker jambalaya
- Snappy Smothered Chicken
- Soup base
- Spicy Basil Chicken
- Spicy Sweet Potato Latkes
- Spinach and Strawberry Salad
- Spinach-Ham Roll-up
- Summer Cooking: Chicken Breast ideas #dinnertip
- Summer cooking: Deviled Eggs
- Summer Cooking: Grilled fish with cherry tomatoes & tapenade, Rice-Orzo side dish
- Summer cooking: Spicy Fish Tacos with Corn Salsa
- Summer dinner: Key West Chicken and Cilantro Lime Rice
- Sunday cooking: Gumbo
- Sunday Dinner: Crockpot “roast” chicken, gravy and my favorite homemade salad dressing
- SunnyD adult drink
- Sweet Potato Fluff
- Texas Salsa from Author Gail Dayton
- Thanksgiving menu
- Tuscan White Bean Soup Adjusted for Slow Cooker
- Weekly menu: 1/9/11-1/15/11
- White bean and ham soup
- White chicken chili