Last week in my weekly menu, I mentioned I was making pizza casserole and had a request for the recipe. This is fairly quick (from start to finish it takes me an hour, including making the sauce) and usually family and kid friendly. It makes a lot, so half the recipe if you’re cooking for less than four and don’t want leftovers.
- Your choice of any combination meats: 1 lb sausage, 1 package pepperoni, Canadian bacon, ham, bacon, hamburger or any other meats you like on your pizza
- Your choice of any combination vegetables: sliced olives, chopped green peppers, chopped onions, sliced mushrooms or other favorite pizza toppings.
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese
- 2 batches of homemade pizza sauce (or 2 jars of store bought but really, it’s easy to make your own, & tastier)
- 1 box Rotini pasta
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Cook Rotini as directed on package to al dente (do not overcook)
3. Fry up the meats you’ve chosen. For my casserole this time, I did sausage, pepperoni and ham. You can use whatever you like, really, but don’t skimp on the meat. If you’re only using sausage, for instance, use 2 lbs. Toss pepperoni in the skillet at the end, because it will keep it from getting too greasy in the casserole.
4. Chop up whatever veggies you selected. I only used black olives this time because that’s what I had in the house, and not everyone here likes green peppers and onions like I do, so I left them out. But you can use anything. I usually toss veggies in with meats for 5 minutes just to heat them through, especially mushrooms, but I suggest doing it with other veggies as well.
5. Once pasta is done, put in a large casserole dish that you’ve sprayed with Pam, (I use a ceramic-covered cast iron 6 qt pot) and mix with pizza sauce, meats, veggies and 1 cup of cheese.
6. Top with 2 cups of cheese, put uncovered in oven and bake for 20-30 minutes (longer time if you have uncooked veggies in) then broil on high for 3-5 minutes to make cheese brown and bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
7. Plate on your daughter’s favorite pink plate.
All recipes at a glance:
- Apricot-glazed Pork Loin
- Awesome slow cooker roast
- Black Orchid Martini: Get Your Drink On
- BLT Burritos: Dinner Made Easy
- Boilermaker Chili
- Boston pork butt/shoulder (How do you use one?)
- Brandy Slush
- Capellini Pomodoro
- Caramel Apples: Ever wondered what it means to be too stupid to live?
- Chicken and Dumplings: Dinner
- Chicken bog: Dinner
- Cooking the Books: @BookEndsJessica’s Pink Vodka Sauce
- Cooking the Books: Lemonade Pie from Editor Mallory Braus
- Cooking the Books: Perfect Fried Rice from Heather Osborn
- Cranberry lemon white chocolate chip oatmeal cookies
- Cream Cheese Squares
- Dangerous cake in a mug
- Dinner Made Easy: BLT Burritos
- Easy Christmas “Cookie”–Cracker Candy (w/gluten free option!)
- Fire roasted tomato soup
- Football food! Pizza pinwheels.
- For your holiday cooking: An awesome dinner roll recipe
- Gingerbread Chocolate Cookies
- Goat cheese with sundried tomatoes
- Ground Beef Curly Noodles: Kid Friendly
- Ham and potato soup
- Hamburger recipes?
- Hash Brown Quiche
- Holiday baking: Bubble bread sticky rolls
- Holiday baking: Chocolate Puddle Cookies
- Holiday baking: Chunky Chocolates
- Holiday Baking: Cinnamon Caramel Corn
- Homemade chai
- Homemade pizza sauce
- Homemade potato chips
- Homemade Turkey Soup
- Hot Buttered Rum
- Ice cream in a bag
- In search of some recipes
- Josh’s General Tso’s Chicken
- Knockoff Baked Beans
- Lemon Drop Martini
- Meatball recipe…
- Mexican casserole: Dinner
- Mexican Goulash (recipe)
- Orzo with Parmesan and Basil
- Parmesan Basil Chicken Salad
- Party food!
- Peanut Butter Bars: Summer Dessert
- Pizza Burgers
- Pizza Casserole
- Recipe for busy moms: Ground Beef Curly Noodle
- Recipe request!
- Recipe: A Little on the Side
- Recipe: Butter Chicken
- Recipe: Katie's Pulled Pork
- Red Bean & Barley Soup
- Roast Sticky chicken Rotisserie Style
- S’mores brownies
- Salad recipes from the brunch today!
- Salsa Chicken and Spanish Rice
- Sasha’s Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Sausage and Lentil Soup
- Seafood Lasagna
- Shrimp Scampi
- Slow cooker jambalaya
- Snappy Smothered Chicken
- Soup base
- Spicy Basil Chicken
- Spicy Sweet Potato Latkes
- Spinach and Strawberry Salad
- Spinach-Ham Roll-up
- Summer Cooking: Chicken Breast ideas #dinnertip
- Summer cooking: Deviled Eggs
- Summer Cooking: Grilled fish with cherry tomatoes & tapenade, Rice-Orzo side dish
- Summer cooking: Spicy Fish Tacos with Corn Salsa
- Summer dinner: Key West Chicken and Cilantro Lime Rice
- Sunday cooking: Gumbo
- Sunday Dinner: Crockpot “roast” chicken, gravy and my favorite homemade salad dressing
- SunnyD adult drink
- Sweet Potato Fluff
- Texas Salsa from Author Gail Dayton
- Thanksgiving menu
- Tuscan White Bean Soup Adjusted for Slow Cooker
- Weekly menu: 1/9/11-1/15/11
- White bean and ham soup
- White chicken chili