Cranberry lemon white chocolate chip oatmeal cookies
I decided I needed to bake today, because I haven’t done much baking these past few months, even over the holidays. On Twitter, someone suggested I bake oatmeal cookies w/cranberries and lemon zest added. I took this idea a few steps farther. I couldn’t find a recipe, so I adapted an oatmeal raisin recipe and made it my own. They smelled amazing while baking and turned out ridiculously delicious. I didn’t expect them to taste so good, but man, these are going in my regular cookie rotation!
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
1 teaspoon lemon extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 cups rolled oats
1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup white chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In stand mixer (or using hand mixer), cream together the butter, brown sugar and white sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla, lemon zest and lemon extract.*
Combine the flour, baking soda and cinnamon; stir into the butter mixture.
Stir in the oats, cranberries and white chocolate chips.
Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto parchment-lined cookie sheets.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown.
Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Makes approximately 4 dozen
*You could also make these cranberry orange cookies and substitute orange zest and orange extract for the lemon.
I used lemon zest and lemon oil from King Arthur flour. I highly recommend their products, but you could use fresh lemon zest, and lemon extract purchased at your local store. Also, if you use the lemon oil from KA, theoretically you could use a bit more and use no lemon zest (on the KA website, it says it’s meant to be a substitute for zest). Hey, if you bought the set of oils, you’d have orange as well, and you could try these as cranberry orange instead!
All recipes at a glance:
- Apricot-glazed Pork Loin
- Awesome slow cooker roast
- Black Orchid Martini: Get Your Drink On
- BLT Burritos: Dinner Made Easy
- Boilermaker Chili
- Boston pork butt/shoulder (How do you use one?)
- Brandy Slush
- Capellini Pomodoro
- Caramel Apples: Ever wondered what it means to be too stupid to live?
- Chicken and Dumplings: Dinner
- Chicken bog: Dinner
- Cooking the Books: @BookEndsJessica’s Pink Vodka Sauce
- Cooking the Books: Lemonade Pie from Editor Mallory Braus
- Cooking the Books: Perfect Fried Rice from Heather Osborn
- Cranberry lemon white chocolate chip oatmeal cookies
- Cream Cheese Squares
- Dangerous cake in a mug
- Dinner Made Easy: BLT Burritos
- Easy Christmas “Cookie”–Cracker Candy (w/gluten free option!)
- Fire roasted tomato soup
- Football food! Pizza pinwheels.
- For your holiday cooking: An awesome dinner roll recipe
- Gingerbread Chocolate Cookies
- Goat cheese with sundried tomatoes
- Ground Beef Curly Noodles: Kid Friendly
- Ham and potato soup
- Hamburger recipes?
- Hash Brown Quiche
- Holiday baking: Bubble bread sticky rolls
- Holiday baking: Chocolate Puddle Cookies
- Holiday baking: Chunky Chocolates
- Holiday Baking: Cinnamon Caramel Corn
- Homemade chai
- Homemade pizza sauce
- Homemade potato chips
- Homemade Turkey Soup
- Hot Buttered Rum
- Ice cream in a bag
- In search of some recipes
- Josh’s General Tso’s Chicken
- Knockoff Baked Beans
- Lemon Drop Martini
- Meatball recipe…
- Mexican casserole: Dinner
- Mexican Goulash (recipe)
- Orzo with Parmesan and Basil
- Parmesan Basil Chicken Salad
- Party food!
- Peanut Butter Bars: Summer Dessert
- Pizza Burgers
- Pizza Casserole
- Recipe for busy moms: Ground Beef Curly Noodle
- Recipe request!
- Recipe: A Little on the Side
- Recipe: Butter Chicken
- Recipe: Katie's Pulled Pork
- Red Bean & Barley Soup
- Roast Sticky chicken Rotisserie Style
- S’mores brownies
- Salad recipes from the brunch today!
- Salsa Chicken and Spanish Rice
- Sasha’s Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Sausage and Lentil Soup
- Seafood Lasagna
- Shrimp Scampi
- Slow cooker jambalaya
- Snappy Smothered Chicken
- Soup base
- Spicy Basil Chicken
- Spicy Sweet Potato Latkes
- Spinach and Strawberry Salad
- Spinach-Ham Roll-up
- Summer Cooking: Chicken Breast ideas #dinnertip
- Summer cooking: Deviled Eggs
- Summer Cooking: Grilled fish with cherry tomatoes & tapenade, Rice-Orzo side dish
- Summer cooking: Spicy Fish Tacos with Corn Salsa
- Summer dinner: Key West Chicken and Cilantro Lime Rice
- Sunday cooking: Gumbo
- Sunday Dinner: Crockpot “roast” chicken, gravy and my favorite homemade salad dressing
- SunnyD adult drink
- Sweet Potato Fluff
- Texas Salsa from Author Gail Dayton
- Thanksgiving menu
- Tuscan White Bean Soup Adjusted for Slow Cooker
- Weekly menu: 1/9/11-1/15/11
- White bean and ham soup
- White chicken chili